School Kitchen Assistant
Hours of work: Mon – Friday, 9.30 am—1.30 pm, Term time only
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Required as soon as possible
We are urgently looking to appoint a Kitchen Assistant to join our established team at our QUEST school sites in Wigan
As Kitchen assistant you will:
- Help with, Basic food preparation and assisting other staff where appropriate, with such as washing and peeling vegetables, moving deliveries to storage areas, cleaning of kitchen equipment and areas.
- Ensure pots, pans plates and cutlery back into use quickly during service
- Receive and unloading deliveries; when unloading items provide organisation in the kitchen and storeroom.
- To undertake all aspects of cleaning equipment, floors, fixtures and fittings, cooking utensils as directed
Additional skill we're looking for:
- Keenness & readiness to work, whether its part or a team and independently at times
- Good working knowledge of kitchen practices
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Organisational skills and the ability to work methodically, and prioritise items that are needed in the kitchen for service
- Understanding of basic food hygiene practices
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates are subject to complete a DBS check prior to starting due to child safe guarding processes and procedures
Next steps and how to apply?
If you are interested in the job advertised and would like to apply, contact Jill Flanagan for an application form, either by
telephone: 01942 834000
We look forward to hearing from you!